Rural Hamilton Official Plan
Effective Date: Mar. 7, 2012 | MMAH Approved: Dec. 24, 2008 | Adopted by Council: Sept. 27, 2006
The Rural Hamilton Official Plan applies to the lands in the rural area of the City.
Communities in the rural area of the City of Hamilton can be defined in multiple ways. Land use definitions of communities include:
- the urban boundary which delineates the urban area from the rural area. Policies pertaining to the urban boundary are not included in this Plan; and
- rural settlement area boundaries which set the limits for residential, non-farm, and non-resource-based growth. Rural settlement area boundaries shall not be expanded.
Policies, Schedules & Appendices Under Appeal
Parent Plan Policies
Sections listed with elements remaining under appeal. Policy number as modified by MMAH or Approved by OMB.
- Schedules B, B-2, B-4, B-5, B-6 and B-8 for lands located at the southwest corner of Concession Road 11 and Milburough Line
- Appendix C (Deferred and Appealed)
Special Policy Areas, Area Specific & Site Specific Policies
- Special Policy Area B
- Page A-1
Schedules and Appendices
- Map A - Special Policy Areas, Special Policy Area B