What is One Stop for Business
Complete this short survey about your recent visit. The City of Hamilton is committed to providing excellent customer service. We use your feedback to help us improve our services.
One Stop for Business provides free assistance and resources for small and medium-sized businesses that are looking to open or expand.
We will guide you through City of Hamilton processes and make sure you have the resources and contacts you need to get your business up and running faster and more efficiently.
How can One Stop for Business help you?
One Stop for Business will help you:
- Save time and money. Find out about zoning and how long the process will take, how much it costs to set up or expand, what applications you need to complete and whether you need a business licence.
- Get the right resources. Access brochures, contacts, workshops and seminars and meet with City staff who will take you through the processes to help move your business forward faster with reduced chance for delays.
- Make informed decisions. Understand what your business needs to do before you begin to develop, build or expand. Receive feedback on your business plans and access professional mentoring services.
Small Business Assistance
- Access qualified business consultants who will review and help develop business and marketing plans, provide advice on incentives and financing programs, rules and regulations for business.
- Meet one-to-one with a business banker, accountant, lawyer and marketing professional.
- One-stop business resource area with directories, demographics, wireless internet and two client research computers.
- Help registering your business for sole proprietorships and partnerships.
- Community service provider for the Canadian Youth Business Foundation, Summer Company Program and Self Employment Benefit program for the City of Hamilton Community Services, Employment and Income Support division.
Planning Application Assistance
- Step-by-step guidance on how to navigate through the municipal processes from the start to end of your business project such as building a new office, restaurant or store, or renovating an existing building.
- Provide understanding of the requirements and processes and make it easier for business decisions to be made and faster to receive approvals.
- Business facilitators work with City staff to find creative solutions, facilitate development and guide businesses through the clearing of Site Plan Approval conditions.
- Access information, advice, mediation and problem solving expertise.
New Business Licensing
- Help you understand if your business needs a licence.
- Find out what your business needs to get a business licence.