City's Social Media
Social media is a major part of how the City of Hamilton connects with residents, visitors, investors and media, sharing real-time information on programs, services, news, events and during emergency response.
City of Hamilton staff monitor accounts during weekday business hours, from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
For after hours City service emergencies involving roads, water mains, sewers and more, call 905-546-2489, open 24/7.
Social Media Disclaimer
The intent of the City of Hamilton’s social media channels is to update the public on services, events and programs, and respond to inquiries. The City of Hamilton aims to respond to feedback and questions in a timely manner, however because we cannot participate in all discussions, we use our judgement to determine which messages we will respond to.
City of Hamilton staff monitor accounts during weekday business hours, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For City service emergencies after hours involving roads, water mains, sewers and more, please call 905-546-2489, open 24/7.
Our Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube accounts are an engagement tool to be used between the citizens and the organization of the City of Hamilton. The intent of these channels is to update the public on services, events and programs, and respond to inquiries.
The City of Hamilton aims to respond to feedback and questions in a timely manner, however because we cannot participate in all discussions, we use our judgement to determine which messages we will respond to.
In providing a harassment-free work environment for our staff, trolling comments are not tolerated. Feedback left on our accounts should be productive, perceptive or constructive. Comments that do not fit these criteria may result in limited/blocked access on the platform.
The City of Hamilton will not engage with users providing content of the following nature:
- Content that is not directly related to our programs or services
- Offensive content against an individual or the organization, aggressive, sexual, profane, rude, insulting, threatening, slanderous or defamatory
- Comments that perpetuate or promote discrimination of any nature (sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, gender, race, age, creed, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability)
- Content identifying personal information or invading the privacy of others (including City of Hamilton staff and elected officials)
- Accounts and messages that misrepresent or impersonate someone else
- Comments that include information that jeopardize the safety of the public, staff, programs or operations
- Content that contains spam
- Comments that promote criminal activity
- Messages that include false or misleading statements, unintelligible or unrelated comments, and ones that we feel to not add to a meaningful conversation or debate
Who we follow
The City of Hamilton will follow official City of Hamilton accounts, as well as official accounts from both the provincial and federal ministries. City accounts may also choose to follow politicians from all levels of government (with the exception of during an election period). On occasion, City accounts may also follow accounts of community leaders, residents, media, other municipalities and beyond as a way to listen and participate in discussion when warranted.
The City of Hamilton is not responsible for comments or content posted by other users. We reserve the right to change or modify this disclaimer at any time.
This disclaimer is used in conjunction with our Social Media Policy (2018), Zero Tolerance Policy (2005), Employee Code of Conduct (2016), Harassment and Discrimination Prevention Policy (2017), Personal (Workplace) Harassment Prevention Policy (2017) and Violence in the Workplace Prevention Policy (2017).