Get Free Naloxone Kits
Hamilton Public Health Services is collaborating with Hamilton Paramedic Services, Hamilton Health Sciences, St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton, and community partners to provide timely opioid-related information to the public.
Naloxone is also available free of charge at many community pharmacies. For an up-to-date map of locations visit the:
You can also call ConnexOntario helpline.
Hamilton Overdose Prevention Education program
The HOPE program, provides free overdose response training and naloxone kits.
Naloxone (Narcan) is a medicine that can temporarily reverse an opioid overdose. Opioids include street drugs such as heroin, and prescription medications such as oxycodone, morphine, fentanyl, methadone and codeine. Naloxone is safe and is not addictive.
The HOPE program provides:
- Free overdose response training and naloxone kits.
- Naloxone kits are provided to individuals;
- At risk of overdose due to opioid use, past opioid use, and/or use of substances that may be contaminated with opioids;
- Who support others who are using substances. This includes family members and friends of someone at risk of overdose and anyone who is in a position to assist someone who is at high risk of overdose.
- Training on the signs of overdose, overdose response myths, safe use and how to give the Naloxone
- Overdose prevention information - call 905-546-4276